Detailed Map of Slovakia
Using Google Maps
Here are some tips on how to use the detailed map of Slovakia above:
- The default view is “Map” = Road Map of Slovakia. You can switch the map to a Satellite, Hybrid (Satellite view with roads and borders) or Terrain view (physical map of Slovakia) in the upper-right corner.
- You can shift the map in any direction by clicking on the map and drag it wherever you want.
- The plus and minus signs in upper-left corner serve for zooming the map in and out.
- You can get more details on the map as you zoom in.
Location of Slovakia in Europe
A lot of people don’t even know where is Slovakia located on the map. For those, Slovakia is located right in the middle of Europe – the village Krahule (near the town of Kremnica) is claimed as the midpoint/centre of Europe.
Map of Slovakia and Surrounding Countries
You’ll find the map of Slovakia and surrounding countries below. 5 neighbouring countries of Slovakia (in the middle, blue) on the map are:
- Czech Republic (west, red)
- Austria (south-west, orange)
- Hungary (south, green)
- Ukraine (east, yellow)
- Poland (north, brown)
Slovakia is divided into 8 so-called Higher-Tier or Upper-Tier Territorial Units (VÚC – Vyššie Územné Celky):
- Bratislava Region
- Trnava Region
- Trenčín Region
- Nitra Region
- Žilina Region
- Banská Bystrica Region
- Prešov Region
- Košice Region
Here is the map of regions in Slovakia: