Top navigácia

Jobs

Slovakia’s employment market is relatively small and the unemployment rate belongs to the higher ones in European Union. And still, Slovakia can offer a lot of interesting job opportunities for foreigners.

Work Permit for Slovakia

The work permit is granted for a maximum period of 2 years. For seasonal work it is maximum of 6 months – there has to be a break between two jobs of at least 6 months.

The work permit is not transferable. This means that it can only be granted for a job with a particular employer and that is also binding as regards the type of work and place of work. If you want to change employers, you must submit a new application.

The work permit is granted by the Office of Labour, Social Affairs and Family, with a local competence in the future place of work. The statutory deadline for consideration of application for employment is 30 days.

An application for work permit must be submitted to the competent Labour Office. Application form for a work permit can be downloaded here (PDF).

An application for work permit is always accompanied with an evidence of level of education. Labour Office does not require a medical certificate. But if it is a profession where such evidence is required by law, ask for it from the future employer.

If a foreigner does not enter into employment, or if his employment ends before the expiry of the period specified in the permit, the employer is obliged to report that fact within 7 working days to the competent authority.

Work Permit may be extended – even repeatedly – but always for a maximum period of 2 years. Request for extension of employment permit shall be filed no later than 30 days before the expiry. A request for an extension of work permit is employer’s statement that it will continue to employ the foreigner. Condition for renewal of authorization to work is that the employee will work with the same employer.

If a foreigner wishes to engage with another employer, he/she must submit a new application for a work permit.

The authorization for employment in Slovakia expires, if:

• The period for which it was granted expires.
  • The employment ends before the end of the period for which it was granted.
  • The residence permit expires.
  • Asylum seeker looses the right to work in Slovakia, because the asylum procedure ended.

Labour Office, which granted the work permit, can cancel the work permit, if:

• The foreigner violates the generally binding legal regulations.
  • The foreigner does not enter into employment, for which he/she has been granted.

EU Nationalities

Citizens of European Union have free, unrestricted entry to Slovakia and after Slovakia joined EU, it did not apply any transitional period, so EU citizens do not need any work permit. The necessary administration that an employee (citizen of EU) needs, is carried out by the Slovak employer.

More specifically, the Slovak employer should:

• Sign up the employee to the Labour, Social Affairs and Family office within 7 days.
  • Sign up to employee to the Social Insurance before the start of the work.
  • Sign up the employee to the Health Insurance system within 8 days.
  • Sign off the employee from all the offices after finishing the working process.

EU citizens are not required to have a work permit to be employed in Slovakia, however they are required to have a confirmation of permanent residency for tax purposes. Necessary confirmation can be obtained from the Slovak Foreign Police.

Documents required:

• Passport
  • 2 passport-style photographs
  • Notarized lease agreement or proof of home-ownership

Non-EU Nationalities

Employee who is not a citizen of EU member country needs a work permit from Labour, Social Affairs and Family office and residence permit from the Foreign Police.

All the Non-EU citizens who decided to work, study, teach, or do businesses in Slovakia must apply for a temporary residence permit. It is possible to get the necessary documents on a Slovak Embassy or Consulate General abroad. The temporary residence permit allows non-EU citizens to stay in Slovakia for a period of more than 90 days for business and/or educational purposes. It is issued for one year and then it can be renewed.

Documents required:

• Passport
  • 2 passport-style photographs
  • Typed application form in Slovak language
  • Document certifying reason for request (for business, employment, schooling etc.)
  • Criminal background check (Slovak and home country)
  • Medical certificate stating applicant is free of contagious disease
  • Proof of funds (varies, check with Slovak Consulate for specifics)
  • Proof of medical insurance
  • Proof of housing (signed lease agreement or ownership deed etc.)

A foreigner should apply for the work permit first and then for the residence permit.

Finding a Job in Slovakia

If you are looking for a job in Slovakia:

• Try searching on Profesia.sk, the larget job directory in Slovakia.
  • Use Career Jet – Slovak job search engine. In one simple search, it gives job seekers access to a huge selection of jobs that are sourced from various internet sites, saving the trouble of having to visit each site individually.
  • Or contact one of the personnel agencies below.

DK Recruitment Services

DK Recruitment Services logoDK Recruitment Services is a recruitment agency offering full-time and part-time jobs within the European Union. They are focused mainly on the UK, Scotland, Ireland and Holland based jobs, but other coutries are available too. They offer a wide range of jobs in Slovakia thanks to cooperation with many employers and business partners within the EU.

Offices:

• Francisciho 1, 979 01 Rimavská Sobota
  • Púpavová 3048/6, 979 01 Rimavská Sobota

Adecco

Adecco logoAdecco is operating in the Czech Republic since 1992 and since 2002 also in Slovakia. They have 24 branches and on-site workstations for clients in the Czech Republic and Slovakia and the number of offices is constantly growing.

Offices in Slovakia:

• Zámocká 1, 901 01 Malacky
  • Vajanského 40, 917 01, Trnava
  • Čsl. Armády 79, 915 01 Nové Mesto nad Váhom
  • Daniela Dlabača 775/33, 010 01 Žilina
  • Ul. Dúbravca 3, 036 01 Martin
  • Košická 2/D, 080 01 Prešov
  • Ul. 1. mája 236, 058 01 Poprad
  • Mäsiarska 64, 040 01 Košice

Index Nosluš

Index Nosluš logoIndex Nosluš helps you to find solutions to all personnel problems. They offer a complex spectrum of labor force resources of potential employees who are searching for simple, short-term jobs or temporary contracts, to the more high-profile candidates with a certain degree of expertise who are searching for full-time employment.

Offices:

• Štúrova 17, 031 80 Liptovský Mikuláš
  • J. M. Hurbana 30, 010 01 Žilina
  • Záhradnícka 10, 945 01 Komárno
  • Farská 46, 949 01 Nitra
  • Šafárikova 1527/47, 924 01 Galanta

ManPower

Manpower logoManPower is working with any job offers, from a financial director to a call center operator, administrative or production, temporary or permanent, accountants or IT specialists. Simply they fill out any position.

Offices:

• Štúrova 27, 040 01 Košice
  • Lazaretská 8, 811 08 Bratislava
  • Horný Val 12, 010 01 Žilina

Trenkwalder

Trenkwalder logoTrenkwalder offers an online search for free job positions in Slovakia.

Offices:

• MA2R – Gorkého 8
  • Person – Kováčska 40
  • Super Job – Hroncová 15

106 Responses to Jobs

1. BENCINI GOFFREDO May 29, 2009 at 11:46 am #

Good morning Sir,
    i’m looking for factory produced hello kitty bags, on label is write :
    THAI’S S.R.O. NITRA, SK , can help me ?
    thanks for attention,
    best reguardes, goffredo bencini

2. Slovak-Republic.org May 30, 2009 at 11:02 am #

Hi Bencini, sorry but no such company is registered in the Slovak business register: http://www.orsr.sk/hladaj_subjekt.asp?OBMENO=thai&PF=0&SID=0&R=on

3. Igor July 5, 2009 at 2:29 am #

Hi Slovak-republic.org,

I would like to apply for a managerial job in Slovak hotels (4-5 star).Can I post my resume in any database available to them.

Thanks

4. Slovak-republic.org July 13, 2009 at 11:17 am #

Dear Igor,

The biggest Slovak web site posting job advertisements is http://www.profesia.sk. You can also post your CV there. Another opportunity is to send your CV to personal agencies. They can help you too.

Good luck with the job.

Best Regards,

Slovak-republic.org Team

5. Pankaj khurana September 18, 2009 at 10:26 am #

I want job in slovakia in services sector..could u plz help me out for that ..i will be
    thankful to u

Regards
    Pankaj khurana

Hi Pankaj,

the best web site for jobs is http://www.profesia.sk/en/, you need to choose only teh job area and location to see the actual offer. The other option are personal agencies, please see the list up on this site. Good luck with the job.

6. Nick September 26, 2009 at 6:04 am #

Good Day,

I am an American looking to work in Slovakia startingin 2010. My question is this: do I need a job offer from a Slovak firm before I can apply for a work permit? Or is it possible to have a permit and then find a job? Thank you in advance for your help.

-Nick

Slovak-Republic.org replies:

Nick, you can stay in Slovakia for 3 months without any visa. So you can come to Slovakia and you have 3 months for looking for a job. For more detailed information, see: http://slovakia.usembassy.gov/slovak-entry-requirements.html

Michaela replies:

hi there,
    in case you are in Nitra- I’m looking for someone to speak english with.
    Drop me an email if you would be interested.
    Michaela

7. Anthony white September 30, 2009 at 1:29 pm #

dear sir/madam.
    I moved to Slovakia 4 weeks ago, the job i came through fell through, i am living with my slovak girlfriend and her parents, its very difficult to find work and her parents say i need to have a idea card? so i went to the uk embassy, they said i go to the local poice station, where dthey will tell me how to gw it. but , they dont,? help please on this issue.

8. Anthony white September 30, 2009 at 1:32 pm #

Please can you help me on the mysterys of the id card, apparently i need one? and the local police staion will action it? but they dont realy wont help? i have been here 4 weeks trying to get a job, the one i had fell through. im English by the way. thanks

9. Slovak-Republic.org October 1, 2009 at 11:56 am #

Anthony, please, see the requirements for getting a job in Slovakia here: http://www.slovak-republic.org/work/

10. Endžaj November 3, 2009 at 3:33 pm #

Dear Slovak Republic,

I’ve been living in Slovakia for a little over a year now and I’ve continuously applied to well known companies / organisations that require people to speak English. As I am a native English speaker with the required experience for the jobs I’ve applied to I thought I would easily get a job. And continuously I get told your Slovak is only basic although you would be perfect for the position we can’t employ you.

I also tried to register with Manpower and they weren’t helpful at all.

Please can you advise me of a company or agency who will employ me, even with a basic active knowledge of the Slovak language?
    I hope you can help.

Slovak-Republic.org replies:

Hi Endžaj, have you tried all of the above mentionned agencies? These are the biggest and most trusted, if they can’t help you, there is only a little chance that anyone can help you.

11. ahf December 2, 2009 at 6:57 pm #

sir,
    I am trying for english speaking job in slovakia, and job agency said that since i m from non EU country i have to wait 6 months after getting job, before i can join it even if my visa is ready . Is it true? If yes, can i know what rule it is ?

thanking you

Dear Ahf,

I dont really understand your question, for the information about work permit please see http://www.slovak-republic.org/work/#work-permit. I dont really understand your question.

12. ahf December 4, 2009 at 7:37 am #

I am sorry I made question bit complicated,
    my question was, does getting work permit for slovakia take 6 months ?
    and do i have to apply separately for temporary residence permit and work permit ..
    please help me
    thanks

13. ahf December 5, 2009 at 1:56 pm #

sir,
    and also can i know where should i apply for work permit?
    if i get job in slovakia, will i have to come there and apply for work permit?

please help

thanks

14. santa December 5, 2009 at 7:31 pm #

Dear Slovak replublic

I’m married with slovakian and hold resident card. If I want to get job here do I need to get work permit ?

Thankfully

Dear Santa,
    no you do not need work permit.

15. Sarfraz Arshad December 12, 2009 at 1:48 pm #

Hi
    How are you? I am sarfraz from pakistan. I am graduate in commerece and
    start working in Slovakia. I want to start work in public field. Pls tell me
    can it possible?
    Thank you very much.
    Sarfraz
    +923344560762

Dear Sarfraz,

you should contact the Slovak Embassy in Iran, see http://www.slovak-republic.org/visa-embassies/of-slovakia/#iran.

16. Gunay AGAC December 20, 2009 at 11:37 am #

Hi, i am Gunay from Istanbul-TURKEY. I was in Kosice and Nitra this year. I got a friend in Kosice, and in my plan i want to live in Slovak.I work in HSBC TURKEY, and if possible i want to work in Slovak for 2-3-4 years till my girl’s school finish. But it looks little hard to find a good job in Slovak by internet, there is a huge unemployed rate. What do you think? I lost my hopes too much about a good job in Slovak, i have master degree about economy here and good english, but it is not too much used Englısh in slovak. what do you think, any hope, any good offer from you to me for search ? Dakujem..

Dear Gunay,

it is really not easy at the moment. Try to contact the international companies where is a bigger possibility that they dont need you to speak Slovak. Second advice is to contact the personal agencies, maybe they can help you. Keep sending your CVs, somethimes it just needs time. Good luck!

17. Ramana January 11, 2010 at 12:04 pm #

Hi,

I am an indian , am planning to try job in Slovakia. I am working in dataware field, Can anybody help me in posting my resume to appropriate site.

Regards,
    M.Ramana

Dear Romana,

I suggest profesia.sk and personal agencies.

18. Ramana January 11, 2010 at 12:05 pm #

Hi,

Planning to apply for Work Permit. Can you plz let me know what are the prerequisites for this.

Regards,
    M.Ramana

Dear Romana,

where are you from?

19. Nana January 20, 2010 at 2:39 pm #

Hi,

I am an Indian, working for Big three Automobile OEM, perior to this I was working with Hyundai Motor India for 10 years.
    I am interested to work in Slovakia. I don’t know local language, is it possible for me to work in Slovakia. Pl help me.

Thx,
    Nana

Dear Nana,

I suggest to contact the companies you would be interested in with your CVs. International companies often offer positions with no requirements for Slovak language. Than you need to get work visa.

20. Roohi Walter February 7, 2010 at 12:23 am #

I am an Indian working for an Airline Company in slovakia, with temporary residence on my passport valid till 31 may 2010 but airline is almost collapsing… but i want stay in slovakia, I dont know local language. I m graduate in Airline, Tourism and Hospitality Management.. Where can I find appropriate job??

Dear Roohi,

I suggest to check profesia.sk, to contact the personal agencies, for the list see http://www.slovak-republic.org/work/

21. FARHAN February 10, 2010 at 5:53 pm #

DEAR SIR/MADAM

HOPE YOU ALL ARE WELL. LET ME INTRODUCE MYSELF FIRST. MY NAME IS FARHAN AND I AM PAKISTANI NATIONAL LIVING IN PAKISTAN. I AM 25 YEARS OLD AND WOIRKING IN A CELLULAR COMPANY FROM LAST ALMOST THREE YEARS. I WANT SOME INFORMATION REGARDING TO WORK IN SLOVAKIA. SO I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS I HOPE YOU WILL ANSWER THEM IN A GOOD WAY.

1. HOW I CAN APPLY FOR A JOB?
    2. IF I WILL SUCCESSFUL TO GET A JOB WHAT NEXT?
    3. WHAT DOCUMNETS REQUIRED FOR WORKING VISA?
    4. WE DONT HAVE SLOVAKIAN EMBASSY HERE?
    5. HOW MUCH TIME SLOVAKIAN EMABSSY TAKE FOR VISA?
    6. ANY OTHER INFORMATION YOU CAN PROVIDE ME.

I HAVE MY FRIEND IN SLOVAKIA…SHE LIVES THERE AND SHE IS SLOVAKIAN NATIONAL. IS SHE HELP ME IN ANY MATTER. I HOPE YOU WILL ANSWER MY QUESTIONS AND ALSO GIVE ME SOME OTHER INFORMATION WHICH I FORGOT TO ASK.

BEST REGARDS
    FARHAN

Dear Fahran,

everything you asked you can find in the text on our page. Please read carefully http://www.slovak-republic.org/visa-embassies/ and http://www.slovak-republic.org/work/. You can find everything there.

22. Nick February 13, 2010 at 2:44 pm #

Hi,

I got a job offer to work in Slovakia. Now I am trying to collect all required documents for a temporary residence permit.
    I have some questions on required documents:
    # Typed application form in Slovak language – where can I find an application?
    # Document certifying reason for request (for business, employment, schooling etc.) – can a company send me this one
    # Proof of funds (varies, check with Slovak Consulate for specifics) – ?
    # Proof of medical insurance – is it a company responsability?
    # Proof of housing (signed lease agreement or ownership deed etc.) – can this one be voted out due to finding a place when I arrive to the country?

Nick,

1. Application from for residency: http://www.minv.sk/swift_data/source/policia/hranicna_a_cudzinecka_policia/ocp/ziadosti/pobyt/ziadost_prva.pdf
    2. Yes.
    3. You might be asked to show a bank account statement or any other proof that you can take care about yourself.
    4. Yes.
    5. No, because the permanent residence is asked for a particular address, so it can’t be given when you don’t know the address.

23. Gineesh February 18, 2010 at 2:58 am #

Dear Slovak-Republic,

I am 29yrs old Indian national working with NATO forces in Afghanistan as Military Aircraft refuller.I have been coordinating with many forces here and Slovakian are one among them.I want to look for a decent job in Slovakia,And do some short term studies too.Please say me where can I find good agency online for Slovakia job offers??Which are the authorised institutes that offer short term courses (Oil and Gas courses)??

I saw an ad in local indian newspaper offering Slovakia work visa (Labour jobs) that is vaild for 2 years with only single entry,Does Slovakia issue a long term visa with only single entry??Please help me and guide me.

Dear Gineesh,

please read through the article above, you can find the information about working visa there. I do not know about any Oil and Gas courses.

24. raju February 28, 2010 at 8:46 pm #

hello i married to a slovak national,i am a indian national.
    me and my wife lives in bratislava.can i start work now or i have to wait for my permanent residence.if i wait
    can i work after get my permanent residence.
    please help

Slovak-Republic.org replies:

If you are married to a Slovak citizen, you can start working right now.

raju replies:

thanks u very much so i can apply for jobs thank u very much
    bless u

25. mimoo March 11, 2010 at 4:28 pm #

hi sir.
    iam Egyptian and i have work permit for 2 years in slovakia..and i get work in Italy .so with slovak work permit i can work in Italy or Austria..and if no what i can do to work there?

Slovak-Republic.org replies:

No, mimoo, unfortunately, even Slovaks cannot freely work in Italy or Austria, there is a transition period when they have to apply for work permit. You have to apply for the work permit, too. You need to contact the authorities in those countries.

26. Ginnu June 8, 2010 at 8:06 am #

Hello Team ,

I want to apply for a Slovakian Work permit . In this process as I am from India , I will
    need a police clearance certificate which is apostled . However recently not older than 3
    months I obtained the Police clearance certificate for Czech Work permit . As it is not older
    than 90 days can we use the same certificate for Slovakian workpermit also ?

Please guide me on this

Slovak-Republic.org replies:

Nope, you need a Slovak work permit.

27. FELIX June 20, 2010 at 7:46 pm #

PLEASE HELP ME ON HOW I CAN GET A JON IN SLOVAKIA…AM FROM NIGERIA?

Slovak-Republic.org replies:

Dear Felix, it’s written above in the article.

28. Yvonne July 8, 2010 at 9:31 pm #

Hey, I got a job in Slovakia. I’m a US citizen. Is it true that I can get my work permit there as long as I have my FBI clearance and medical report? I can then get the other things I need there and apply to the police station? Also, do you get the work permit first and then the residency? How long does it take to get a work permit? I’m supposed to start at the end of Aug.
    Thanks so much!

Slovak-Republic.org replies:

Dear Yvonnne, you should apply at the embassy in Washington, before you come to Slovakia! Contacts: http://www.slovak-republic.org/visa-embassies/of-slovakia/#usa
    Yes, you get the work permit first and then the residency, based on the work permit. According to the law, they have 30 days to notify you, but usually it’s faster.

29. malik shafiq ur rehman awan July 12, 2010 at 1:53 pm #

Hello Sir/Madam

My name is Malik Shafiq.I belong to pakistan.I have one year ITALY visa its visa has valid till 2,MAY-2011.sir I want to register a new business firm in solvak,how can i obtain it?please tell my about all requirements and procdure.

Awaiting from your prompt reply,
    Thanks & Best Regards

30. Cindy August 14, 2010 at 9:32 am #

Hi.
    Filipina in Philippines with brand new passport.
    Have friend recent moved to Slovakia.could stay with for free untill i find employment there.
    I hear maybe two options.(1}apply for visa in Manila ? cos have place to stay what money amount needed to show?
    {2}try find employment there online here from Philippines.if find then apply for visa at Slovakia embassy in Manila?
    {3}Have not worked for last 14 months.American fiance here supports me.he has social security disability pension of $1050 U.S dollars every month.
    Please any info would be so much appreciated cos Philippine goverment makes things very difficult.he is American.and i’am filipina.
    Please one more question?could we marry there?
    Cindy

Hi Cindy,

1. There is no Slovak embassy in Manila, you should contact the embassy in Indonesia: http://www.slovak-republic.org/visa-embassies/of-slovakia/#indonesia About the visa conditions read here: http://www.slovak-republic.org/visa-embassies/

2. Yes, if you find a job from Philippines, the visa would be much easier to obtain.

3. If none of you is Slovak, you can’t marry in Slovakia.

31. Victor September 14, 2010 at 7:46 pm #

I’m interested in getting residence permits through company formation in Slovakia, just like neighbouring Czech Republic which allows Sro limited liability company formation with just 200000 crown. I know that the min. is the same in Slovakia, but is the residence permit process similarly easy? Please guide me where to start and whom to contact as I have a lot of people who would jump at this opportunity.

Slovak-Republic.org replies:

Yes, the Slovak residence permit process is very similar to the Czech. Start here: http://www.slovak-republic.org/residence/

32. karthik January 10, 2011 at 10:26 pm #

I am an Indian citizen, having a swiss Permit-B and can I work part/full time in slovakia

Yes, you can.

33. zahid January 11, 2011 at 4:30 pm #

Dear sir,
    i live in pakistan , i wand i work in slovakia my eduaction is MBA , please tell me , you have some job for me in slovakia
    thank…..

34. Rau March 4, 2011 at 4:37 pm #

Dear Slovak-Republic.org ,

Iam from India , Is it mandatory to get a job offer to apply work permit or can I apply for workpermit and come to slovakia and search job.

Thanks.

Slovak-Republic.org replies:

Work permit is based on the job you already have gotten. So you need to find a job first, then you can get the work permit.

35. Rau March 21, 2011 at 10:35 am #

Dear Slovak-Republic.org ,

Person who is from India , holding a Permanent Resident status granted by Czechrepublic Govt . Is
    he eligible to work in Slovakia or any EU country.
    Does he still need a Workpermit to work in Slovakia or any EU country.

36. Madhu March 31, 2011 at 2:32 pm #

Dear Slovak-Republic.org ,

he eligible to work in Slovakia or any EU country.
    Does he still need a Workpermit to work in Slovakia or any EU country.

Slovak-Republic.org replies:

Yes, you need work permit from Slovakia.

37. Marie April 28, 2011 at 5:46 pm #

I am a citizen of the Philippines and have a job offer in Slovakia. Do I have to go to Slovakia to apply for a work permit in person or can I mail the application materials from outside Slovakia? Can I apply for a temporary residence permit or national visa for employment without a work permit?

Slovak-Republic.org replies:

You can apply at the embassy of Slovakia. You have to have the work permit first, then the residence permit.

38. Siraj Sultan June 1, 2011 at 8:02 am #

Respected Sir/Madam,

We are addressing you very first time. First of all we intend to introduce our selves as under:-

Our company provides offshore services to our customers in Pakistan.

Our office is located in the city, Sialkot-Pakistan (The city of Exporters). In this city the businessmen have so many offshore matters like Education, Business (registering of company,), Residence visa, Work permit and other visa matters etc.

So many companies contact us to register them in any foreign country for Exhibitions and further investment. We can not advise them as we have no contacts with any offshore consultant company in your country.

In this regard we need the services from any foreign company. If you can help, we will forward the cases for the purpose.

Thanks.

Siraj Sultan
    Chief Executive,

FYSAK OFFSHORE CONSULTANTS,
    SIALKOT – PAKISTAN.
    Phones………+92-52-3257300-3257577
    Fax………….+92-52-3242407

E-mail………..fysak381@yahoo.com

39. Sam June 11, 2011 at 9:31 pm #

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am foreigner a non EU citizen, I live currently in Slovakia. I have a work permit linked to one company, and I have a stay permit for 2 years. My field is Management. I joined my current employer on 1st of June, and I just got a better job offer with a new employer. I understood that I have to apply for a new work permit, but my questions are:

How many times I can change job / employer?

Is there a minimum time period I have to work with my current employer or I can resign and apply for the new work permit immediately?

Is there a specific time period (break) that must be there after canceling my old work permit and signing a new one or I can resign & cancel my old work permit one day and start my new job with the new employer the next day?

Many thanks for reading, appreciate your effort and waiting for your reply.

Best Regards…

Sam

Slovak-Republic.org replies:

Hi Sam, the law doesn’t say anything about how many times you can change the work permit. Every work permit is judged separately. But I guess if the officers see some shady several changes, it can be a reason to not give the work permit.

No, there is no such minimum period, however it can take up to 30 days for the work permit decision.

40. krishnaraj parajulee June 22, 2011 at 7:59 am #

i am coming to slovakia to study mba program,so i need a job to stay there and pay the fee.

41. dr waheed anwer July 16, 2011 at 7:16 pm #

dear sir
    i am doctor of medicine from pakistan.i have wide experience from paksitan and ministry of health saudi arabia.
    i want to get job in any category.and also apply for work permit in czekoslovelia.
    pls reply
    sincerely
    drwaheed
    pakistan

42. Mark September 17, 2011 at 8:04 pm #

Hello Im american but my great grandfather came from slovakia. can foreigners join the slovak army?

Slovak-Republic.org replies:

According to my knowledge, Slovakia has no legion, so the answer is no.

43. Nirmal Kumar September 23, 2011 at 11:45 am #

Hi,

I am in Slovakia with Temp Residence permit and with valid work permit. My wife is joining me on dependent Residence permit. Can she apply for work permit and start working here in Slovakia?

Please let me know.

Thanks
    Nirmal

Nirmal Kumar replies:

Thanks for reply.

My Agent here told me that she need to wait for 1 year and then she can work as she is here on dependent visa. Is there any such rule?

from where I can get official reply so that I can tell them that it is not true?

Thanks
    Nirmal

Slovak-Republic.org replies:

Ah, that I didn’t know. Yes, there can be such rule, depends on the particular situation. The best would be to contact the Foreign Police or the Slovak embassy in your country.

44. Nasir September 29, 2011 at 11:19 pm #

Please send the your country work permit visa form in English language and your home country language cause foreigner worker not understand your country language.
    Send the details of work permit visa for Indian.

Slovak-Republic.org replies:

We don’t know about such form. Ask for your empolyer’s help.

45. Nick October 5, 2011 at 12:09 pm #

Hi,

I am in Slovakia on TRP and will be here till 2012 end. I am from India. Just want to ask if my baby born in Slovakia, he will get citizionship here or we need to go back to India.

Please let me know.

Thanks
    Nick

Slovak-Republic.org replies:

If the mother/father is Slovak, the child will obtain the Slovak citizenship. If not, the child will get the same residence permit as you have: http://www.slovak-republic.org/residence/temporary/

Nick replies:

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. Just one more question. If child born in Slovakia, what passport we will get and where I have to apply passport. As we both are in Slovakia, how we will get passport for child?

Thanks
    Nirmal

Slovak-Republic.org replies:

Nirmal, is your wife Slovak? If so, your child gets the Slovak passport as any other Slovak person – at the local Police station.

Nick replies:

Hi,

We both are from India. Do I need to go to India embassy in Slovakia and get the Passport or Slovakia police will do some arrangement?

Thanks
    Nirmal

Nick replies:

Just one more addition here on this site it is mentioned that citizenship can be gets by Birth:

Who was born in the territory of Slovakia and whose parents are foreign nationals, but the child does not acquire citizenship of any of them.

so a new born baby can get citizenship here?

Sorry for asking many question.

Thanks
    Nirmal

Slovak-Republic.org replies:

No, it’s for very rare cases when the child does not get the citizenship from its parents. If there is such law in their homecountry…

Slovak-Republic.org replies:

Ah, I thought you are asking about Slovak passport! In case you want the indian passport, yes, contact the indian embassy.

46. Mikael Ahlin October 5, 2011 at 3:07 pm #

Dear Representative of Slovak-Republic.org,

Question(s):
    If I get a job and in the case that I’m granted a work permit for the working period, and in the case that I have an obstacle with my employer and I leave the work place to sort it out legally, if there was a dispute regarding work safety or any work related problem, who would I turn to, (could my employer contact Slovak authorities and notify them that I left my work place and that I should be deported)? How could such a dispute be dealt with in your opinion, without my status as a third country national (for example Armenian) being banned or black listed in applying for a visa or work/residence permit to the EU or Slovakia (alone?). Who, or what authority serves my legal interests in this case? Would I consult a private attorney, or do I consult the police, the Slovakian migration services, whom to consult if the employer can’t be consulted? Is there an insurance that can still protect my lost salary or do I have to cover all this by myself, are there unions or associations that operate on behalf of non-EU labor migrants’ interest-basis in Slovakia?
    I’m looking forward to the best advise you’re able to provide me with! Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
    Mikael

Mikael Ahlin replies:

I found all the answers, I would like to withdraw this post.
    Mikael

Slovak-Republic.org replies:

Hi Mikael, the best would be to get another job right away and ask for another temporary residence based on another job. Otherwise your stay would be illegal.

47. stanslaus October 15, 2011 at 11:38 am #

I am an Tanzanian live in Botswana looking to work in Slovakia starting in 2011. My question is this: do I need a job offer from a Slovak firm before I can apply for a work permit? Or is it possible to have a permit and then find a job? Thank you in advance for your help.

Slovak-Republic.org replies:

You need to find a job first…

48. Marie November 2, 2011 at 6:29 am #

Can a non-EU citizen have more than one job and employer in slovakia?

Slovak-Republic.org replies:

Yes, but the authorities have to be informed.

49. Priyanka November 4, 2011 at 6:07 pm #

Hi,

I want to ask that i am in Bratislava from last 2 months. My husband is working with a company here and he is on project for 1 year. I am also willing to work here so can I apply in any company for a job.

Thanks
    Priyanka

Slovak-Republic.org replies:

Yes, you can apply for work permit, I guess you have a temporary residence permit already.

50. jafor December 5, 2011 at 8:38 pm #

ok. so, how can posible to find which company or which agency looking non-eu citizen to work in slovakia.? can i get the name of agency and contact detaisl.so, can ask for details.many thanks. plz answer..

Slovak-Republic.org replies:

There are some agencies above, contact them.